Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Anywhere but here

Well I have been a bit behind in writing for you guys, and I will be skiing this weekend, so I better write something soon. A little feedback from Bro. He says he wouldn't mind being stranded on an island with either me or Todd, but he has no idea who these people named Andrew or Rob are. As far as Rob's movie selections go, I have to say the porn idea is insightful (or is that inciteful). I guess if I was stranded alone on an island, I might as well have some porn too. I'm trolling a bit for topics for this week and as I sit here late tonight and consider the fact that this will be a late night at work, the topic of my list today is going to be:

The Five Places in the World I Would Rather Be Than Here at Work

The added advantage of this topic is that we can't get any comments back from Michael.

1) In Australia (or nearby islands) driving a real Mini. You wouldn't understand, oh crap, that's right Michael would. When I was in England about 7 years ago, I tried to rent an old Mini and I was just laughed at, now whose laughing? Huh? Oh.

2) In the Cinque Terra of Italy eating muscles and drinking Chianti (mmm, muscles). This was a beautiful location and the food was incredible.

3) Alaska - I have always wanted to hike through Denali National Park and see the wilderness unadulterated.

4) Isreal - They have wine, food and a know a lot of friends that would be able to show me the country. I've always found it fun to see a different culture and that is pretty different from my culture.

5) At home with my son, Matthew. That may seem a bit strange considering he is only a year old and can barely interact with me, but there is nothing in the world like rolling around on the floor with a one-year-old. The laughing and giggling will make you forget all those hours you just spent at work.

Note, I didn't include sunny Southern California because, well because I already am there.
I also didn't include and interstellar locations. If I could have, I would have loved to visit Mars in search of life. If we find life there, it brings up a lot questions. First is where did it come from? Are we descendants of life from Mars or vice-versa. And second, what is the form of the life? Is there protein structure and DNA structure the same or similar to ours? If so, does that mean we are related or is it possible that we are not at all related and this is the best method for life. It also raises that big third question, if there is life and it is similar to ours, is there something or someone controlling life's destiny? I know, a bit theoligical for a workday list like this, but I felt the list was a bit lacking so I wanted to throw this out there too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home