Friday Afternoon thoughts
So I know it has been a while since I have stated these thoughts. I still want a prosthetic forehead and a rock to tie a string around, but I want to move to a new subject. Today's topic is my top five CDs of all time. These are the CD's I would take with me if I were stranded on a desert island. My desert island disks if you will. Since these are the top 5 CDs of all time, I will automatically remove any CD that was published in the past two years since that is too little time to reach 'legacy' status. Unfortunately this means I can't vote for Modest Mouse "Good News For People Who Love Bad News" - I highly recommend this album. I also won't vote for Louis XIV "Blue EP" or Evenescence. So enough of this, here is my list in no particular order.
1) The Cure "Disintegration" This is the Cure at their all time greatest, dark and brooding. I can hear any song off this CD at any time. And it includes one of my favorite songs of all time, Picture of You.
2) Nine Inch Nail "Pretty Hate Machine" Trent Reznor blew me away with this CD and I still play it on the iPod all the time.
3) The Police "Synchronicity" For those of you that haven't heard this CD or haven't heard it recently, you should listen to the whole thing. This is the most weird Police or Sting CD you will ever hear. "Is there anybody alive in there, nobody but us in here." and "The telephone is ringing, is that my mother on the phone? The telephone is screaming, why won't she leave me alone?" As well as Message in a Bottle and Little Black Spot on The sun.
4) Jane's Addiction "Nothing Shocking" This was a tough one, because I love all three of their early CDs and I hate to give up Three Days (Ritual de lo Habitual) or Had a Dad (XXX), but for overall greatness, I have to go with Nothing Shocking.
Finally
5) Indigo Girls "Nomads, Indians & Saints" The first time I heard this CD I knew I would love it and I still think it is their best CD.
Now don't flame me for not including TMBG "Flood" or any of your other favorite CDs because the are your favorites.
Next week, I will give you my list of top five movies. Here is a hint, one takes place in Southern California and another takes place in the Great White North.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home